GovernmentCIO is looking for a Project Manager to join our team. The candidate should have experience with a civil agency, preferably Veterans Affairs.
• Must have experience with diverse IT projects both large and small.
• Must be well versed in full systems development life cycle, enterprise wide network engineering, strategic information planning, business process re-engineering, structure and management practices.
• Must be able to identify and mitigate risks to the program.
• Must be able to manage to cost, schedule and performance.
• Demonstrated experience successfully managing disparately located personnel.
• Must be able to provide oral and written discussion of analytical findings using narrative and graphic forms.
• Must be able to lead multiple efforts in parallel.
• Must be able to use qualitative and quantitative analytical skills to assess the effectiveness of the operations.
• Identifying symptoms for process improvement.
• Analytical and investigation skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and supervision
• Already have VA access (highly perferred)
• Experience managing teams in a DEV/OPS model (Development / Operations, full system life cycle)(highly perferred)
• VA Project Management experience
• Experience with SAFe/agile development teams
• Experience leading and transitioning to sustainment / production operations
• Experience leading process and tools transformations
• Experience managing projects and project reporting from standard project management tools (examples: MS Project, Rational, Rally, GitHub, VA EPMD tools and VIP Dashboard and others)
• Demonstrates organizational awareness, political savvy, and understanding of effective leadership principles and team dynamics
• Experience leading virtual / geographically distributed teams
• Demonstrated and current experience managing programs with complex data processing requirements.
• Demonstrated and current experience managing program delivering systems/tools/solutions in production, while transitioning to better technology solutions.
Education and Years of Experience:
• Bachelor Science Degree - Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline, is preferred
• 10 years of experience (8 years additional experience can be substituted for degree)