The developer builds software using the MUMPS language and technologies with HL7 experience. The developers create routines from scratch, configure existing systems and provide user support. The developer writes functional code with a sharp eye for spotting defects. The developer should be a team player and excellent communicator. Developers analyze customer needs and develop overall concept and design objectives. The developer must be able to create software in a variety of programming languages and for a variety of IT software applications. The developer must be able to analyze existing customer software; To identify the fault in the software from reported issues at a functional level. The developer’s goal is to work with internal teams to design, develop and maintain software.
• Participate in requirements analysis
• Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
• Write clean, scalable code using Mumps programming language
• Test and deploy applications and systems
• Revise, update, refactor and debug code
• Improve existing software
• Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
• Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support
• Research, develop HL7 messages and manage approval process
· VA or other Federal Government experience required.
· Proven work experience as a Mumps developer
· Knowledge of software development and user interface web applications
· Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is a plus
· Familiarity with design/architectural patterns (e.g. Model-View-Controller (MVC))
· Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC)
· Familiarity and demonstrated abilities developing HL7 messaging
· Excellent analytical and organization skills
· An ability to understand front-end users requirements and a problem-solving attitude
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· VistA, KIDS Builds, and FORUM Familiar with VistA Release Process.
· CMMI Maturity Level 3, ISO 9001:2015 or 9001:2001, and ITIL experience a plus
· Has high standards, results oriented, and a commitment to delivering high quality software on time