GovernmentCIO is currently looking for an Enterprise Architect to support our Vet360 government client. The Enterprise Architect is responsible for the creation, maintenance and management of IT architecture models and their lower level components. They are also required to interpret, use and apply information contained within IT architecture to inform a range of business improvement activities, particularly those involved in the design, development, enhancement and maintenance of IT support systems. You will be challenged with taking helping a client translate their business strategy into an information technology systems architecture that support the strategy. You must understand the customers business needs and objectives while still being able to delve into nitty-gritty technology issues
The Vet360 Architect will:
Education: Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
Years of Experience: 12+ Years experience in application architecture and Java/J2EE software development
Possess the following behaviors:
• Strong conceptual abilities and implementation of pragmatic methods and procedures
• Openness to new ideas and change, ability to learn, flexibility, adaptability, willingness to innovate, unconventional thinking
• Proven track record of implementing large, complex web sites and/or web applications
Experience with the following:
• Application architecture / enterprise architecture, systems integration and development, and package implementation with knowledge of interactive design
• Strong understanding of application design and analysis, design patterns, and object oriented design
• Hands on experience with Java software development using various SDLC methodologies.
• Experience with one or more Java concepts and patterns including: Java/J2EE, JSP, Spring (and Spring Boot), JUnit, AOP, Spring MVC, Eclipse.
• Demonstrated experience developing RESTful micro service APIs using the following technologies and standards: REST, JSON, Swagger, Java Bean Validation (JSR 303).
• Experience with Behavior Driven Development, ideally Gherkin and Cucumber
• Experience and full lifecycle software using Agile methodologies.
• Experience with multiple source control systems: Jazz, RTC, SVN, Git.