Contractor support needed to provide the technical services, operations and maintenance support, user training, user support and related consulting services to maintain SOL’s various IT Application Systems.
The scope of work is to:
· Provide professional and technical services in direct support of law office functions, support of the investigations and litigation in SOL’s divisions and offices and in the various offices of SOL’s client agencies on an as-needed basis, and in support of the administrative management and financial planning and execution services provided by MALS.
· Provide the necessary operations and maintenance support, technical services support , user training and user support related to the upgrade and maintenance of SOL’s various IT Application Systems, including those systems providing case management, time tracking and other management tracking and reporting, within the SOL Legal Technology Systems (LTS) Initiative. This includes the Matter Management System, Evidence Management Initiative, Asset Management and Reporting, bankruptcy notification database, among others.
· The Contractor shall provide support to the SOL IT Investment Management Program to ensure that investments are managed in accordance with legislative mandates such as the Clinger-Cohen Act of 1996, Office of Management and Budget (OMB) requirements and policy, and industry best practices for IT management. The full range of investment management life cycle activities address the plan, select and control methodology covering IT investments’ viability, cost and schedule performance, risk management, acquisition planning, earned value, and Return on Investment.
· The Business Analyst will coordinate all Alternatives Analysis (AA) activities. The lead would be supported by other team members who have specific knowledge and experience with the current system, users, policies and procedures, and DOL OCIO requirements.
More detailed info on the Alternatives Analysis:
The BA will be expected to develop, recommend, lead and conduct an Analysis of Alternatives, including strategies and best practices for execution. This will include activities such as:
· Definition of functional requirements including but not limited to extensibility, configurability and customization requirements, and validation with SOL of those requirements
· Definition of Business Processes, business process mapping and possible consolidation of SOL Business Processes at the HQ/Office levels.
· Definition of data migration and reporting requirements
o Data migration efforts of current MMS data to new system
· Definition of reporting requirements
o Investigation of reporting needs, including re-using or otherwise leveraging SOL’s existing capabilities or infrastructure
· Usability requirements
· User migration training and support requirements
· Definition and validation of operational requirements
· Identification and validation of evaluation criteria which includes requirement priorities and weighting
· Researching potential products
o Whitepapers, Demos and spec sheets from product reps, and meetings with product reps
· Evaluating technical requirements of options
o Cloud SaaS vs Cloud Hosted vs On Premise Hosting
§ Cloud-first policy requires researching and evaluating cloud-based alternatives
o Enterprise compatibility
· Evaluating costs
o Cost of migration
· Delivery of a “short list” of recommended products for stakeholders to effectively evaluate and select MMS replacement
· Collaborating with the IT Investment Manager to complete the necessary artifacts for IT Investment Management, including the Cost Benefit Analysis.
The Business Analyst will coordinate all Alternatives Analysis (AA) activities. The lead would be supported by other team members who have specific knowledge and experience with the current system, users, policies and procedures, and DOL OCIO requirements.
MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, SQL Reporting Services, MS Project