The Senior Network Engineer serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) that provides data center, infrastructure, network, and communications technical leadership, guidance and recommendations; supports the data center support services requirements analysis process; performs reviews of Operations and Maintenance and PaaS contract deliverables; develops and maintains data center, infrastructure, network, and communications documentation and artifacts; and provides input to the IAM architects required to make critical decisions that define a specific direction for a system in terms of implementation, operations, and maintenance.
The Senior Network Engineer possesses specialized technical knowledge and skills that can assist the Data Center Manager in solving complex technical issues. Works closely with the Data Center government, PMO, and Operation and Maintenance staff to: create and distribute tailored views of the data center footprint; plan and execute infrastructure changes; and plan and execute sustainment work items which include operational troubleshooting, planned maintenance, improving system reliability/availability, and operational system patching.
The Senior Network Engineer works in concert with Technical Leads and Operations and Maintenance vendors to select the infrastructure design that is most appropriate to meet the business needs, satisfy user requirements, and achieve the desired results given the solution constraints; define important system details and significant constraints; support critical decisions that define a specific direction for a system in terms of implementation, operations, and maintenance; identify quantifiable objectives that encapsulate quality attributes of a system.
The Senior Network Engineer responsibilities include:
The Senior Network Engineer must have:
• At least 7 year’s experience managing multiple enterprise technical environments.
• At least 5 years experience Platform as a Service (PAAS) architecture and solutions.
• Enterprise understanding of data center services to include: hardware and software, hosting services, and network communications
• Leadership skills, initiative, and good judgment.
• Ability to work independently within a team-oriented environment
• Competency in MS Word, MS Visio, MS Excel, and MS Sharepoint.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required.
• 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
• Experience with Cloud Base data center services is a plus